Now Hiring: Public Works Operator, Firefighters (Hartland Deerfield Fire Authority)
FULL-TIME PUBLIC WORKS OPERATOR
Hartland Township is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Public Works Operator in our growing community. Under the general supervision of the Public Works Foreman, with direct guidance from the Public Works Director, the Operator provides general labor in support of a wide range of public works maintenance projects. Applicants are expected to have the ability to perform a wide range of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, construction, and repair tasks in support of Public Services projects.
Download the Hartland Township Job Application and email it to DPW@hartlandtwp.com, or return a printed hard copy to Hartland Township Hall, located at 2655 Clark Road, Hartland, MI.
- Participate in the installation, inspection and maintenance of water and sewer services and water meters; Participate in the location and repair of leaks in water distribution systems; Operate air compressor, trucks, tapping machine and other equipment as desired; Participate in the installation and repair of fire hydrants, service connections and the laying of lines.
- Locate and mark water and sewer mains and service lines upon request; Investigate and respond to citizen complaints; Read meters; Participate in regular hydrant flushing and valve exercising programs; May perform Public Works functions such as install, maintain and/or repair Township water distribution system, streets, sidewalks, buildings and cemeteries.
- Assist with seasonal Township operations and maintenance including landscaping, snow removal, parks and recreation, water system, pathways, picking up trash and minor construction and repairs.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and service to light vehicles, trucks, equipment such as trimmers, mowers, trimmers, blowers, wheelbarrows, hand tools and pruning tools.
- Adheres to all applicable safety procedures while operating equipment and tools.
- Expected to deal with the public and coworkers in a courteous and respectful manner and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Duties require a full range of physical motion and activities including manual digging, pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting and turning the upper body, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching for objects, walking and standing.
- Experience in water and sewer treatment and/or distribution systems construction, maintenance and repair work.
- A Michigan Water Distribution System Operator Certificate (S-4) is preferred.
- Knowledge and aptitude in general building and grounds cleaning, maintenance and repair including basic plumbing, electrical and construction principles
- Knowledge of safety hazards and applicable safety precautions
- Ability to be on call outside of standard working schedules, including early morning, evenings and weekends
- Ability and motor skills to perform manual labor under a wide variety of conditions
- Three years of related experience
- Valid Michigan driver’s license in good standing
1) WATCH this VIDEO
2) Download an employment application
3) Bring completed application to Hartland Deerfield Fire Station 61 (3205 Hartland Rd., Hartland MI)
4) Call 810-632-7676 with any questions
Hartland Township Job Application
The Township does not accept applications for positions that are not posted and available.
If you would like to contact Hartland Township with questions or comments, our Staff Directory can be found here