Upcoming Township Meetings

  • All meetings are held at Hartland Township Hall unless otherwise noted. 


    –To find ‘Hartland *LIVE* at Home’ meeting agendas, packet and minutes, go to MEETING MATERIALS.

    –To view LIVE-STREAMED meetings (or the video archive), go to the Hartland Township Video CHANNEL.


    December 5, 2019 7:00 PM
    Planning Commission- Regular Meeting

    December 10, 2019 7:00 PM
    Board of Trustees – Regular Meeting

    December 17, 2019 7:00 PM
    Board of Trustees – Regular Meeting

    December 19, 2019 7:00 PM
    Planning Commission- Regular Meeting                                                           

    Watch meetings LIVE on the Hartland Township CHANNEL.

  • Drains

    The Livingston County Drain Commissioner’s office responds to calls related to flooding associated with higher flows in county drains under our jurisdiction.  Some county drains may be identified as a river, stream, ditch, tile or a storm water sewer in a subdivision.  Some flooding issues are caused by how land is used, and may be a private issue that would need to be worked out by neighbors or civil issue by the courts.  Some flooding incidents occur on natural streams or private drains where the Drain Commissioner does not have maintenance responsibility.  No anonymous calls are taken by the Drain Commissioner’s office for Service Requests. 


    All of the county drains under the jurisdiction of the Livingston County Drain Commissioner have easements or right-of-ways. The property owner retains ownership, but is restricted from building permanent structures that may impede drain maintenance within the easement area.  Constructing a drain crossing or tap-in, would require a permit (Drain Crossing Permit) with a fee and will need to be inspected by the drain staff.  A call or visit to the Livingston County Drain Commissioner’s office will direct you through this process.  The Michigan Drain Code (Act 40 of Public Acts of 1956, as amended), states that the Drain Commissioner may use and enter upon any easement for maintenance or any other lawful activity with respect to the drain without requiring a larger or different right-of-way.



    Drainage Rights

    For more information regarding your rights regarding drainage on your property or other drainage issues, call 517-546-0040.



    If you would like to contact Hartland Township with questions or comments, our Staff Directory can be found here